POLICY Roles for Everyone by Thomas E. Bigford VOTE Candidate Statements: AFS Second Vice President • Dale P. Burkett • Jesse Trushenski JOURNAL SUMMARIES • Diet Shifts Detected in Sandbar Sharks Using a...
- The Flooding of Venice: What Tourists Need to KnowThe high water that devastated Venice this month flooded streets, squares and landmark churches. Tourists are still welcomed, but advised to bring waders.
- Watch Bees Surf to Safety on Waves They CreateWhen honeybees fall into water, they generate their own ripples, then glide to dry land, a study found.
- Waters Close Over VeniceRapacious investment in tourism will destroy the fabled city.
- University of Louisville Receives $210,000 from EPA for Wetlands StudyLOUISVILLE, Ky. (November 20, 2019) Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awarded the University of Louisville a $210,000 Wetlands Program Development Grant (WPDG) to fund a stream-wetland complexes and restoration study.
- EPA honors innovative and sustainable water infrastructure projects in Alaska, Idaho and WashingtonSEATTLE – Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recognized exceptional clean water and drinking water infrastructure projects in Alaska, Idaho and Washington within the Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving Fund programs.
- EPA Grant of More Than $157,000 Will Help Cherokee Nation Improve Water Quality
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.