Highlights of Fisheries Magazine – January 2015 In this Issue: JOURNAL SUMMARIES • Stocked Piscivores May Be Tougher Than We Thought by Jeff Schaeffer • Increasing Survival Rates of Discarded Red Snapper: Best Release Strategies by Sarah...
- Glaciers Are Retreating. Millions Rely on Their Water.Glaciers are crucial sources of water for people and crops in Central Asia. But global warming is causing glaciers there and around the world to shrink every year.
- Giant Ice Disk Spins in Maine RiverThe sudden appearance of a giant ice disk in Maine has raised many questions. Watch it rotate in this stunning drone video.
- Watch Scientists Brew Their Own LavaIn controlled experiments, high-speed cameras caught video of explosions that occur when water hits hot liquid rock.
- EPA Plans to Award Nearly $6 Million to Protect, Restore and Maintain the Health of the Gulf of Mexico EcosystemATLANTA (December 21, 2018) – Today, the U.S.
- EPA Provides $47.7 Million Loan to the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District for Water Infrastructure UpgradesST. LOUIS — Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced a $47.7 million Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) loan to the Metropolitan St.
- EPA Provides $47.7 Million Loan to Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District for Water Infrastructure UpgradesEnvironmental News FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.