Highlights of Fisheries Magazine – June 2015 In this Issue: • Policy Column Nature-Based Remedies to Societal Woes • AFS News Improving Communication/Cooperation among Aquatic Professional Societies • Interviews Q&A: Interview with Jay Hemdal,...
- Would You Like My Car to Make You Some Water?Engineers are finding ways to have cars do much more than take us from Point A to Point B — including producing and dispensing water.
- Algae in Lake Erie: What Can Be Done?A congresswoman and a neurologist write about the need to protect fresh water in the Great Lakes.
- Finding Water in Puerto Rico: An Endless Game of Cat and MouseThree weeks after Hurricane Maria, much of Puerto Rico still lacks safe tap water, and bottling plants are crippled, leaving residents to scramble after scarce supplies from the mainland.
- EPA Hurricane Maria Update for Friday, October 20thWASHINGTON (October 20, 2017)—U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regional Administrator Pete Lopez concluded his five-day trip to Puerto Rico and the U.S.
- EPA awards nearly $900K in wetlands grants to help grow state and tribal wetland programs in the Pacific Northwest and AlaskaSeattle - EPA has awarded nearly $900,000 in grants to strengthen state, tribal and local government capacity in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska to protect and restore wetlands.
- EPA awards Colorado $1.3M to improve and protect Arkansas River water qualityDENVER -- The U.S.
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.