Highlights of Fisheries Magazine – January 2015 In this Issue: JOURNAL SUMMARIES • Stocked Piscivores May Be Tougher Than We Thought by Jeff Schaeffer • Increasing Survival Rates of Discarded Red Snapper: Best Release Strategies by Sarah...
- Covid-Battered Texas Faces Costly Recovery After Winter StormBasics remain scarce in some parts of Texas, and many already battered by a year of the coronavirus now face a costly recovery.
- What a Texas Plumber Faces Now: A State Full of Burst PipesSince a winter storm and hard freeze swept through the state last week, knocking out power and heat, homeowners have swamped plumbers with urgent repair calls.
- Texas Winter Storm: What to KnowPower outages and no running water have left Texas and other parts of the South still feeling the effects of a deep freeze that swept the region earlier this week.
- Soil cleanup completed as required by EPA at former Koppers facility in Carbondale, IllinoisCHICAGO (Feb. 25, 2021) –U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today announced the completion of another cleanup at the former Koppers Wood-Treating Facility at 1555 North Marion St. in Carbondale.
- Settlement with South Portland, Maine Semiconductor Manufacturer Will Reduce Hazardous Air PollutionSOUTH PORTLAND, MAINE – The U.S.
- U.S. Government Calls for End of Disposing Solid Waste at Puerto Rico Municipal LandfillNEW YORK – The U.S. Department of Justice today filed a complaint on behalf of the U.S.
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.