The technique uses macroinvertebrates, and will be of interest to those familiar with, or using, the ICI in biomonitoring. Many state water quality agencies collect macroinvertebrate data as part of their monitoring, and use the ICI as a water quality measure.
- ‘Tasting Funny for Years’: Lead in the Water and a City in CrisisNewark officials began distributing free bottled water after new tests showed dangerously high levels of lead.
- Fire Hydrants Have Been New York’s Cool Solution for 100 YearsOnce banned by the city, letting the waters flow is now a summer tradition.
- The Magic of Swimming HolesIn California, water is precious. The state’s hidden pools are yet another reason to treasure it.
- Federal Green Challenge Winners in the Pacific Northwest Save Taxpayers’ Money and Promote EfficiencyThe U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is recognizing federal facilities in the Pacific Northwest and nationwide for conserving resources and saving taxpayers’ money as part of the Federal Green Challenge.
- EPA Finalizes Action Providing No New Federal Requirements for Clean Water Act Hazardous Substance Spill PreventionWASHINGTON (August 22, 2019) — Today U.S.
- EPA Provides $1.2 Million to Hypoxia Task Force States and Continues to Promote National Dialogue to Reduce Excess Nutrients and Enhance the Nation's Waters
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.