The technique uses macroinvertebrates, and will be of interest to those familiar with, or using, the ICI in biomonitoring. Many state water quality agencies collect macroinvertebrate data as part of their monitoring, and use the ICI as a water quality measure.
- A Canal That Opened the Montana Prairie May Soon Dry UpAn early 20th-century federal water project irrigated the prairie to create farms and towns in eastern Montana. But it needs a $200 million overhaul.
- NASA Needs to Find Ice on the Moon. This Rover Will Lead the Search.Astrobotic, a Pittsburgh company, won a $199.5 million contract to transport NASA’s VIPER rover to the lunar surface.
- Nestlé Weighs Sale of Water Unit in Push Toward SustainabilityFacing tepid sales and criticism from environmental groups, the Swiss food giant is looking to exit brands like Poland Spring and Deer Park.
- EPA awards Idaho Department of Environmental Quality just over $2 million to protect water quality statewideSEATTLE - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded $2,069,912 to the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, giving local water quality improvement projects across the state a welcome funding boost where it’s needed most.
- EPA Announces $44 Million Water Infrastructure Loan to the City of North Miami BeachWASHINGTON (June 29, 2020) — Today, the U.S.
- EPA Awards New Jersey $84 Million for Water Infrastructure ImprovementsNEW YORK – As the U.S.
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.