Congratulations to Olivia Balkcum, student at Clemson U. for winning our 2020 student poster award for her poster entitled ‘How Do Warm Winters Affect Energy Allocation Trade-offs in Cool-Water Fish?‘ with coauthors William Sims,...
- The Hoover Dam Made Life in the West Possible. Or So We Thought.Climate change threatens Las Vegas and every other desert oasis town.
- Covid Pandemic Demands Air Quality Changes in the Workplace, Researchers SayThe researchers issued a call to action to improve indoor air quality as a safeguard against the spread of contagions like the coronavirus.
- Where Ukrainians Are Preparing for All-Out War With RussiaA dried-up canal running from Ukraine into Russian-occupied Crimea is emerging as one of Europe’s main flash points.
- EPA Advises Facility Operators to Prepare for Hazardous Weather EventsATLANTA (May 14, 2021) – With June marking the start of hurricane season in the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico, the U.S.
- EPA Announces Public Listening Sessions and Trainings on Upcoming Oil and Natural Gas Methane RuleWASHINGTON (May 14, 2021) — Today, the U.S.
- La EPA anuncia sesiones públicas de escucha y capacitaciones sobre la futura regla de metano para la industria de petróleo y gas naturalWASHINGTON (14 de mayo de 2021) — Hoy, la Agencia de Protección Ambiental (EPA, por sus siglas en inglés) está dando el primer paso para desarrollar una regla propuesta para reducir el metano y otros contaminantes nocivos de fuentes nuevas y existentes en la industria de petróleo
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.