- Trump Wants a Review of Toilets: Americans Are Flushing ‘10 Times, 15 Times’The president’s comments about water efficiency standards came up at a discussion on Friday about reducing government red tape.
- How Racism Ripples Through Rural California’s PipesIn the 20th century, California’s black farmworkers settled in waterless colonies. The history endures underground, through old pipes, dry wells and shoddy septic tanks.
- ‘Brown Water for Brown People’: Making Sense of California’s Drinking Water CrisisIn the wealthiest state in the wealthiest country on earth, hundreds of thousands don’t have access to potable water. I wanted to know why.
- EPA improves drinking water systems in New Mexico with over $11 millionDALLAS – (Dec. 6, 2019) - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently awarded over $11 million to New Mexico to help finance drinking water projects in the state.
- EPA announces $1,750,000 grant to restore habitat in Minnesota’s Saint Louis River Estuary Area of ConcernFor Immediate Release: No. 19-OPA125
- EPA provides $20.5 million for Alaska plan to improve drinking water, wastewater infrastructureSEATTLE -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today announced it has approved funding in support of Alaska’s $56 million plan to construct key wastewater infrastructure projects, and its $28.7 million plan for bolstering drinking water projects.
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.