Tool to divide water masses into precise categories can help in conservation planning. Oceanographers are carving up the world’s seas like the last of the holiday turkey. A new 3D map sorts global water...
- Lead in School Faucets“There is no safe level of lead for any child,” two writers say, urging stricter New York State regulations for lead in drinking water.
- 5 Dangers of Flooding in Hurricane FlorenceExperts provide the steps you can take to avoid them.
- Water Droplets Don’t Just Hover on a Hot Pan. They Roll.Physicists took a deeper look at the Leidenfrost effect, which you’ve likely experienced when you’ve dripped water into a pan to test its temperature.
- EPA, Maryland, and Coastal Bays Program to Continue and Expand Partnership with University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES)EPA, Maryland, and Coastal Bays Program to Continue and Expand Partnership with University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES)
- EPA Regional Administrator Reaffirms Important Partnership with U.S. Virgin Islands Government on One-Year Anniversary of Hurricane Maria(New York, NY) On the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Maria’s landfall in the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI), U.S.
- Eastern Iowa Middle School Students Earn 2017 President's Environmental Youth Award for Water Conservation ProjectEnvironmental News FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.