Congratulations to Brandy Bossle, winner of the WQS poster award granted this year at the National Meeting in Little Rock. Her poster was entitled: Mercury Bioaccumulation in Bluegill and Largemouth Bass From a Hunting and Fishing Site in South Carolina, USA
- There’s Water and Ice on the Moon, and in More Places Than NASA ThoughtFuture astronauts seeking water on the moon may not need to go into the most treacherous craters in its polar regions to find it.
- ‘Es una guerra’: la lucha por el agua estalla en la frontera de MéxicoAgricultores en Chihuahua emboscaron a integrantes de la Guardia Nacional y tomaron el control de una presa para evitar el pago de agua a Estados Unidos, en un conflicto por un recurso cada vez más escaso.
- ‘This Is a War’: Cross-Border Fight Over Water Erupts in MexicoFarmers in Mexico ambushed soldiers and seized a dam to stop water payments to the United States, in a sign of growing conflict over increasingly scarce resources.
- Trump EPA Announces $265 Million Water Infrastructure Loan to DeKalb County, GeorgiaATLANTA (October 26, 2020) — Today, at an event at the Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, U.S.
- EPA Recognizes WaterSense Conservation Leader in New YorkNEW YORK – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced SUEZ North America in New York as a 2020 WaterSense Excellence Award winner for being a leader in water efficiency and conservation efforts.
- EPA Awards $346.8 Million for Infrastructure to Protect Surface Waters and Drinking Water in the Pacific Southwest RegionSAN FRANCISCO — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is awarding $346.8 million in State Revolving Funds (SRFs) for the Pacific Southwest Region of Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada and the U.S. Pacific Island territories.
Maintain an association of persons involved in the protection of watersheds, water quality, and aquatic habitat and in the abatement of water pollution and aquatic habitat and watershed deterioration; Encourage improved professional and technical standards in the investigation, abatement, and regulation of water pollution, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems; Focus attention on watershed, aquatic habitat, and water quality concerns by conducting symposia, workshops and projects, collecting and assembling information for publication, and distributing results to Society members and the public; and Promote development and use of standardized procedures and techniques for investigating and regulating water quality, aquatic habitat, and watershed problems.